Today on BSR -
- John Clayton thinks Joe Flacco could be a Pro-Bowler next season
- Bart Scott is the latest ex-Raven to fail outside of Baltimore
- Teammates praise Wieters in new leadership role
- Idle Plans: Why the Capitals watch and wait
- Backstrom doesn’t understand why McPhee didn’t make a move…No, not that Backstrom
Where is RG3 going? The Browns need RG3- Buzz Lightyear, I mean Colt McCoy, is just awful. The Dolphins need him, although I think Matt Flynn will probably end up there now that Joe Philbin is head coach. The Redskins are just funny and need all the help they can get at this point. Which team do you think needs RG3 the most?
Terrell Suggs does baseball. TSizzle55.com
Today on BSR -
- The Ravens haven’t given up on Sergio Kindle yet
- Josh Bell was the last player to show up to Orioles spring training
- Tsuyoshi Wada becomes the latest Oriole with a surprise injury
- Maryland at Georgia Tech Report Card: Road woes continue
Ozzie Newsome told reporters in Indy Friday that the Ravens have some cuts to make. Who should they give the boot to? There are a few more, in my opinion - but here are my top guys who need to go bye bye:
- Chris Carr. Competing with Jimmy Smith, Cary Williams and Lardarius Webb, he doesn’t stand a chance. No brainer.
- Lee Evans. The Ravens really lack in the WR department, and this sounds mean, but Evans is a waste of roster space at this point.
- Domonique Foxworth. It’s a shame because I really like the guy and he represents this team well, but he can’t seem to get over that injury.
Anyone else to add to the list?
Warning: Dangerous Curves Ahead
- Matt Wieters is optimistic about Brian Matusz returning to form
- The Orioles’ owner is suing Facebook
- Whether you say it in French or English, Jones needs to be an Oriole for life
- Dale Hunter calls out Tomas Vokoun
- Video: Mathieu Perrault scores a goal off his face
- BSR Podcast: Oscars preview, Jay Gibbons’ new gig, and Don Zimmer teddy bears
The Ravens will begin talks with Joe Flacco’s agent in Indy this Saturday. The big debate has been about whether or not Joe deserves top 5 money. In my opinion, he’s not a Top 5 quarterback (sorry, I love you), so I don’t think he deserves that Top 5 money. However, let’s take a (rather humorous and true) look at the quarterbacks who got paid the most this past season:
- Peyton Manning - $23 mil (Obviously. Didn’t play a single game. How much of that money can he fit in his neck?)
- Michael Vick - $20 mil (Missed the playoffs, got injured basically every game)
- Mark Sanchez - $14.75 mil (Missed the playoffs, sucks at football, his best friend was the turf)
- Ben Roethlisberger - $14.75 mil (Lost to the Denver Tebows - still funny)
- Carson Palmer - $14 mil (Missed the playoffs, can’t throw, looks like he goes to Best Buy just to play the video games)
Now let me just mention that I am aware of the way player contracts work - for those who don’t, in a nutshell, the money within a contract is spread out over the length of that particular contract. For example, Aaron Rodgers was the best quarterback in football this past year and got paid about $8.5 million. Drew Brees was/is arguably as good; his paycheck was only $7 million. If and when their contracts are renewed they’ll be on that list. That’s just how it works.
He doesn’t deserve the ELI-te contract that Eli Manning has with, like, an outrageous sum of $106 million or something, but should he get that second-tier contract that Ryan Fitzpatrick got (also laughable) at roughly, 6 years, $60 million? YES, dammit.
My point? Joe might not be a top 5 quarterback but does he deserve to be paid like these guys? Yup.
- Time for the Ravens to cut ties with Sergio Kindle
- Lots of questions surrounding Buck’s birds in 2012
- Bonnie Bernstein begs Maryland to let Danny O’Brien transfer to Vanderbilt
- ACC Basketball: Late season realities
Should the Ravens let Kindle go?
- The Ravens should franchise Ray Rice in 2012…and 2013
- Will the Ravens address their needs via free agency?
- Bundy, Machado, Schoop make Baseball America Top 100
- Frustrated Brouwer calls Capitals loss “embarrassing"
- Caps on the brink: Hitting rock bottom in Raleigh
Should Ray Rice get the franchise tag??
- Here’s how Tsuyoshi Wada is preparing for the Baltimore heat
- Should the Orioles have pursued AJ Burnett?
- The Fantasy God’s fantasy cheat sheet officially available
- Don’t count on Mike Wallace in Baltimore next season
NFL franchise tagging starts today. Should Ray Rice get the tag? Why or why not?