Former Terp and Ravens WR Torrey Smith “Zaching”.
As University of Maryland Men’s Basketball student manager Zach Lederer battles brain cancer, the craze “Tebowing” and even the newer “Bradying” are pushed aside as people everywhere are showing support, and strength for Zach. Read more about his fight here.
- Ravens Report Card: Breaking down the Ravens 20-13 victory over Houston
- Quick Hits: Ravens get ugly win to advance to AFC Championship
- Jason La Canfora: “Anyone who suggested Ravens should sit Reed is a moron”
- Here’s a cease and desist letter from Terrell Suggs to a “Ball So Hard University” shirt seller
- Ravens open as 7.5 point underdog against Patriots
- This Week in Baltimore Sports History: Brady Anderson, sideburns, is born in Maryland
- Report Card: Georgia Tech/Maryland- Early 2nd half surge fuels Terps
- Video: Alex Ovechkin destroys Tuomo Ruutu
- High School boys basketball top 15: Week 6
With the Ravens going to Foxboro this weekend for the AFC Championship, who do you think they have the better chance of beating in the Super Bowl - the 49ers or the Giants?
- Ravens Report Card: Matt breaks down the Ravens’ win against the Bengals by position
- Maryland HS Boys Basketball Week 4
- BSR’s interview with new Oriole, Matt Antonelli
- Basketball Recruiting: Baltimore Area Prospect Rankings
- The O’s New Years Resolutions
- Ayanbadejo (quad strain)
- Cody (left hip strain)
- J. Smith (concussion - no symptoms)
- McClain (MCL sprain) - will not practice this week
- Ngata (elbow laceration)
- Pollard (wrist sprain, elbow contusion)
- Zbikowski (concussion - no symptoms)
Ellerbe, Boldin will play; Yanda still sore - will play
Cundiff will continue to kick as long as he is healthy; Graham will remain on roster
- Ravens are 6-0 against teams in the playoffs
- Ravens defense ranked #3 in yards allowed; finished in NFL’s Top Ten for 9 straight seasons; longest Top 3 streak in NFL history
- R. Williams reached 10,000 yds
- Rice ranked 2nd in NFL rushing yards; tied w/ Jamal Lewis for 2nd in team history; NFL best & career-high 2,068 yds from scrimmage - only NFL player go beyond 2,000 yards
- The Texans will come to Baltimore with a win. With a Texans loss, the Ravens get the winner of the Denver/Pitt game.
- Practices will be on Wednesday and Thursday with self study. Players given the weekend off.
- Tickets for playoff game will be available for purchase by the public tomorrow at 10am, through Ticketmaster.
- Rice nominated for Fed-Ex Ground Player of the Week. Vote here.
- Cutest idea (which I’m definitely doing with every class in my center): kids will be able to send well wishes, encouragement and good luck to the Ravens. Just drop them in the purple box in front of a Giant. Details here.
Well? How do you all feel about the win? I’m just happy to be able to watch a week of stress-free football! How relieved are you?
(Sorry we’re kind of lacking on features and stories right now! Zach is on his honeymoon, and the rest of us are getting back into the swing of things from the holidays!)
- With David Reed on injured reserve, Ravens fill roster spot with OT DJ Jones; sign Patrick Williams to practice squad
- Ravens remain at No. 5 on ESPN’s Power Rankings
My Top 10 NFL Rankings for this week (and my last top 10 of the 2011-2012 regular season… so sad):
- Packers. Clinched home field, will most likely rest their starters this week, and will probably still win.
- Saints. Not only did Brees break Marino’s record last night, but let me just say that I can’t wait to see the NFC Championship game against these two teams. It may be potentially better than the Super Bowl.
- 49ers. This is the most dangerous this team has been in a long time - great coaching (by a good-looking fella), and for the most part, their team brings their A-game every week. And they play the Rams for the regular season finale. Enough said. They, like the Packers, could rest their starters and still win.
- Patriots. No. 4 and 5 were tough between these two teams. They fooled some people on Christmas Eve with the Dolphins’ lead, but it seems they step up their game as the other team slows down. Which is threatening, especially in playoff time.
- Ravens. I’m afraid to say anything about anything because I’m afraid I’ll jinx this weekend’s game.
- Lions. Their offense is on fire, and Matthew Stafford is going to have a great career (he’s what, 23?). Again, they’re huge at comebacks and are the best this team has looked in a LONG time.
- Steelers. Dear ESPN, just because they beat the Rams with Charlie Batch does not mean they will play well in the playoffs without a healthy Ben Roethlisberger. My pomeranian could beat the Rams. By himself. Love, me.
- Bengals. They’re getting scary. I’m scared of them. No, I’m lying - I’m more scared of the Ravens. Any further questions, see No. 5.
- Texans. They are slipping, just like I predicted. Get it together for the playoffs. Or actually, don’t.
- Falcons. Still a winning season, but not their best. Next year, they really have to worry about Cam and Carolina.
So sad the regular season is basically over. After this weekend’s games, I’ll be posting my Top 5 NFL team surprises/letdowns for this year!
- Flacco and the Ravens’ recent bad luck against the Bengals
- Flacco and Rice disagree about offensive strategy
- O’s pitcher Guthrie invites Rice to throw first pitch
- John Clayton still thinks Ravens are one of the best in AFC
- 2 Minute Warning: Who is AFC’s best?
- O’s Hall of Famers will receive new statues in 2012
- The Fantasy God’s MLB Hot Stove Report
- Terps to open new Barclays Center
- Puerto Rico Tipoff preview
- Ravens leading the AFC in Pro Bowl votes include Lewis, Ayanbadejo, Ngata, Oher, and Reed. Cast your votes here.
- Lewis, Jones, Allen did not practice again today.
- Flacco on pace to throw 642 passes this year - 6th most in NFL history.
- Cameron says Evans may be out another week
- Just sayin, but the Ravens had a “rough time” with the Steelers before this year too. Bring it on Bengals.
- I don’t trust Cam Cameron nor do I believe anything he says, so I’m not sure if Evans will play this week, but I hope he does - they need everything they have at this point.
- Also, this has nothing to do with Baltimore sports, but a friend of mine brought this to my attention via Facebook a few days ago, and I thought I’d share cause it’s completely outrageous: Tim Tebow completed 2 out of 8 passes for 69 yards vs. the Chiefs. If Tebow plays the rest of the year, he’ll earn $2.19 million more than Aaron Rodgers and has bigger endorsement deals.
- What do you think about the history of the Ravens and the Bengals? Do you think history will repeat itself?
- Also, anyone have any thoughts on this Tebow situation? I’d love to hear it?
The acrobatic and tumbling team is getting cut from varsity sports at the Univeristy of Maryland. University of Maryland is my dream school, and even though I know I would never make it, the tumbling and acrobatic team is my dream team.
Help save the UMD acrobatics and tumbling team by going to this link and signing it.
Thank you so much & it really means a lot <33333
The first five people telling me they signed it get a promo.
I school wants to cut the Men’s XC and Track teams :(:(:(:(
NEW UNIFORMS for the Maryland Terps