Not sure if I ever posted this… But here’s Belicheat…I mean, Belichick and Tom Brady discussing the best safety in the game
Today on BSR -
- 900 pounds of Butterfingers show up in Boston to make fun of Wes Welker - I didn’t do it. I swear.
- Reading between the lines of Roger Goodell’s thank you letter to NFL fans
- Vegas doesn’t think the Ravens will sign Peyton Manning
- Bill Parcells’ text message convinced Ricky Williams to retire
- Maryland at Clemson Report Card: First road win edition
- ACC basketball: Rivalry renewed
So, of the four “most likely” teams that Peyton will go to (Dolphins, Redskins, Jets, or to stay with the Colts) - where do you think he will go? And do you think he will play like the same Peyton?
Today on BSR-
- BSR Podcast - Ravens lose to Pats, Terps lose to Duke, Fielder isn’t an Oriole… This week sucks
- Harbaugh had a heated exchange with Pagano during the playoffs
- Koji liked Baltimore so much that he recommended it to Wada and Chen
- Duke at Maryland Report Card: Rinse, Lather, Repeat Edition
- Wanna see a picture of an inch-long gash in Matt Hendricks’ ear?
- Super Bowl ticket sales prove that Patriots have bandwagon fan base
And in case you have been living under a rock and/or haven’t gotten over the Ravens’ loss yet, this may help:
Also happening around the Baltimore Sports world:
- Flacco will not be attending this weekend’s Polar Bear Plunge for the first time ever, citing personal reasons. Once again, he’s being attacked for this. While yes, it’s a charity event, and it sucks to miss it - he does so much for the charity besides just the plunge, for one. Apparently it was posted on his site that he’s spending time with family after the loss or whatever - and people are criticizing him for this. Let me just say this: You know how bad YOU felt when the Ravens lost this Sunday, take a step back and think about how they felt, how hard they worked, and how much they must feel let down - give the guy a break.
- Torrey Smith turns 23 today! Yay I love him.
- Ex- Raven DJ Jones was claimed on waivers by the Eagles.
- Ellerbe’s MRI showed no damage, so he will not need surgery on his foot.
Thoughts about the worst week of the year in Baltimore (and it’s only January)? Thoughts on Flacco not attending the Plunge? Maryland/Duke? Anything else?
Today on BSR -
- Ravens lose Chuck Pagano to Colts
- Bernard Pollard doesn’t care what Patriots fans think of him
- Even if Belichick was cheating, Harbaugh still should have called timeout
- Revenge of the Ravens’ rushing attack
- Kansas basketball fans use “Cundiff” to taunt Texas A&M free throw shooters
- Our last night in Garyland
- Terps players to honor Gary Williams with these Under Armour shoes
- Previewing the Terps vs. The Dookies: An Evening for the Blues
- VIDEO: Ovechkin pies Perreault after hat trick
- ACC Basketball: Seminoles getting offensive
My take on Chuck Pagano:
Of course I’m sad - he’s great. The players absolutely adore him, as well as the staff. As much as Baltimore hates Indy for obvious reasons, they gained a great coach today. You can’t help but be happy for this guy..
Thoughts about Chuck Pagano moving on to bigger and better things (hopefully)?
Today on BSR -
- Quick Hits: Ravens lose heartbreaker in New England
- Ravens Report Card: Breaking down the Ravens 23-20 loss to the Patriots
- Cundiff and Evans take AFC Championship loss hard
- Bernard Pollard to Joe Flacco’s critics: “Shut up”
- Skip Bayless actually feels bad for Terrell Suggs and the Ravens
- Terrell Suggs tells Skip Bayless to stop being a douchebag
- Steven Tyler’s national anthem, scarf were horrible in New England
- This Week in Baltimore Sports History: Happy birthday Matt Stover
- High School boys basketball top 15: Week 7
Welp, folks. I took this one pretty hard - I’d be lying if I said I’ve gotten over it. I would have rather lost 35-3 than this. I’m still kind of in a daze, but just want to point out one good thing that came of this game -
Joe Flacco had a hell of a game. There are still some idiots out there who blame him, don’t trust him, whatever - they don’t know anything about football. He proved everyone wrong last night (including Ed Reed), made some GREAT throws (i.e. that throw that we don’t speak of to Evans was perfect), outplayed Tom Brady, and really gave his team a chance to win. It’s really mind boggling how STILL this man will not get the respect he deserves.
This one’s going to hurt for a while. It’s hard to swallow the fact that a team that had a cakewalk schedule coasted their way to 13-3, #1 in the AFC, and the Ravens had an entire year’s worth of work come down to 2 plays. As hard as it is, I’m proud to be a Ravens fan, proud to live in Baltimore - and while we don’t feel good today, there will be a time when we’ll feel great.
Thoughts on the game (please don’t be negative)?
Today on BSR -
- Trevor Pryce says Ravens “are not going to beat the Patriots”
- Bernard Pollard reflects on season ending hit on “pretty boy” Tom Brady
- Idol’s Tyler to sing National Anthem before AFC title game, links to both teams intriguing
- Adam Jones: “Will Bmore end Boston’s season again?”
- Orioles submit request for 2016 All-Star Game
- Boras to blame if Fielder fails to cash in as suitors dwindle
- The Greek: Championship Sunday
My predictions -
Tomorrow I’ll be doing a Fave Five column featuring 5 reasons why the Ravens will beat the Pats. Until then - I’ll leave you with my score prediction, Ravens over Pats 27-21… There it is. SUPER BOWL
Your score predictions?
Today on BSR -
- Video: Terrell Suggs asks Skip Bayless how he still has a job
- Hines Ward is one of the few people complimenting Joe Flacco this week
- Billick says Flacco is Ravens key to beating Patriots
- Orioles sign the nicest guy in the world to minor league deal
- The Orioles are big in Taiwan, just look at this newspaper
- Report Card: Seminoles/Terps
- Video: Here’s Maryland’s new defensive coordinator, coordinating
- ACC basketball: Surprises galore
As a special treat for all BSR readers and followers - go here to find out how to get this t-shirt for only $8!
- Ravens Report Card: Breaking down the Ravens 20-13 victory over Houston
- Quick Hits: Ravens get ugly win to advance to AFC Championship
- Jason La Canfora: “Anyone who suggested Ravens should sit Reed is a moron”
- Here’s a cease and desist letter from Terrell Suggs to a “Ball So Hard University” shirt seller
- Ravens open as 7.5 point underdog against Patriots
- This Week in Baltimore Sports History: Brady Anderson, sideburns, is born in Maryland
- Report Card: Georgia Tech/Maryland- Early 2nd half surge fuels Terps
- Video: Alex Ovechkin destroys Tuomo Ruutu
- High School boys basketball top 15: Week 6
With the Ravens going to Foxboro this weekend for the AFC Championship, who do you think they have the better chance of beating in the Super Bowl - the 49ers or the Giants?